Friday, October 22, 2004

 

what a whole week without blogging?

Didn't blog all week. Have used a computer, but no blog action. Why? Is my life too droll for my own patience? Have I had too much else too do? Is internet access just too expensive? Am I a slack bum?


Have to say the last guess is the right one. Went to Kuipto foresty last Sunday. Good burl around the PRospect Hill XC track. Some of the logs in the jumps are a bit worn and the climb out of the first section even more eroded than before. Found a cool piece of single to hte east of the race track. Lots of big fire road climbs.


Going down there again this weekend. Bike SA do 'track and trail" rides. I ride around and put arrows in the ground so middle aged people with a lack of mtb skills can ride around for a couple of hours and not get lost, then I ride around and pick the arrows up. For about 60 people to have a four hour social mtb ride it takes a minimum of about 8 volunteers, some of us 3 to 4 8-hr days. Least we get free finger buns and bananas for our efforts, and for a car free nut like myself the gauranteed lift helps a shiteload.


I made it into "Enduro Magazine", sort of... referred to in an article about the Dirty Weekend by one of the team mongoose riders. At least it's a start. Will have to start sending race reports to the east coast magazines as they seem to have an allergy preventing them from printing the names of SA riders (unless they're the number ten junior in the world, or the number two rider in the country).


must be off, the beautiful sky is demanding my attention.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Random Flickr Photos
www.flickr.com
the boy who loves pasta's photos More of the boy who loves pasta's photos

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?