Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 

What a week!

It's been a bit over a week since my last post and whoa!!!

First, Wheels of Justice rally, more bikes than you could dream, and I dream about a lot of bikes. 5 big city blocks worth, dragsters, roadies, mtbs, commuters, recumbents, kiddies bikes. Big fat blokes, weekend warriors, couriers, national champions, olympians...

Then, road up to fox creek with Brett for hot lap and to do some volunteer work on the trails for Dirty weekend. Helped add a couple of new sections, including a singletrack climb that became the biggest nightmare of the race for many riders.

Party in Ironbank that night, reminded me why I'm a mountain-biker and not a raver.

Can't remember Sunday...

After months of procrastinating I lodged my 2003/2004 tax return, $3500 showed up in my bank account courtesy of the ATO on Thursday, on Wednesday I take possession of a GT idxc-1.0. My battered Norco looks very battered, the GT looks shiny and amazing. By Thursday I've already gone over the bars and added a scratch to the paintwork.

Friday, headless chook day. GT needs major work on front forks. TRAK CYCLES RULE!!!

Saturday, head up to Fox Creek for Dirty Weekend, still fiddling with bike right up to start of race.

Lose positions playing with bar-ends, about tenth over-all, third in solo-male. Try to make up time, and over the bars. More than just a scratch, have bent rear driller hanger and cracked my helmet. Now very determined to finish solidly.

I lost the race in Easter when I talked up the event to Keith McQueen at the CORC solo-only race. He came, he saw, he kicked my arse. He must be one of the nicest people I've met in the MTB scene and most of the MTB scene are very nice people. We finished the race as the Solo-Social Club, doing slow laps with other solo riders.

Now to get back into school mode...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Random Flickr Photos
www.flickr.com
the boy who loves pasta's photos More of the boy who loves pasta's photos

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?