Wednesday, June 01, 2005

 

What, what, WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

What am I doing? What was I thinking? What is this box that hums in front of me with it's glowing lights and funny buttons?

Wierd weekend, totally blew up during race on Sunday, took too long to ride out to Prospect Hill, now I remember why road bikes don't have 2.1" ultra knobbly tyres and four inches of travel front and back. Worst race I've finished really. 28min for my last lap, ten minutes slower than the leading elite riders. Compare that to my 21minute second lap and you can see the importance of eating and drinking enough before whilst racing. Cool to see that my first two laps weren't that shocking, I wasn't trying half as hard as I should and let other riders set my pace for me.

Good ride yesterday, last day of Autumn and climbed into the fog at Mt Lofty, only to descend into the afternoon sun.

Off to Cromer to scout out trails for Bike SA track and trail this weekend. Should be fun and different.

I've just registered for Mont24HR, now all need do is front up the cash and work out how I'm getting me and Ellie there.

And Tim's emailed to tell me to update this blog to say that he IS racing Pedal Prix in September.

Comments:
See you at the MONT Bert, I entered with a 4-man team yesterday. Are you a crazy bugger and going solo?

m!key
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Random Flickr Photos
www.flickr.com
the boy who loves pasta's photos More of the boy who loves pasta's photos

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?